Qualified to direct the flow of activities during the initiation, planning, execution and closing of a project.
Prepared to apply proven project management tools and techniques at all stages of a project.
Ready to apply to one of the 500,000 annual job openings that list project management as a required skill.
Lead complex projects to successful completion and tap into new career opportunities
In this flexible, hands-on program, you’ll have the opportunity to attend instructor-led virtual sessions, receive expert feedback on projects, and access career coaching services. Upon completing the 6-month Professional Certificate, you will:
● Have fulfilled the educational requirements of the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential, and be prepared to pass the PMP® exam
● Receive a Professional Certificate issued by the University of California, Irvine and 12 units of continuing education academic credit
● Be prepared to confidently direct project initiation, planning, and execution, and to apply proven project management tools at every stake of a project
The PMP® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers, and is highly valued by employers in every industry.
● PMP® credential holders in the U.S. earn about 15% more than non-credentialed peers
● More than 500,000 annual job openings list project management as a required skill
Professionals with 3-5 years of work experience, who are interested in pursuing careers in project management
Anyone who currently works on projects in a professional setting
There are no prerequisites for this Certificate. If you are not already familiar with basic project management best practices, you may want to start with the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization before beginning the Professional Certificate.