This online course equips students to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform, using proven design patterns and principles derived from Google Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Compute Engine Specialization and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in the other courses in the specialization.
Through a combination of presentations, challenges, and hands-on labs, participants learn to design GCP deployments that are highly reliable and secure; and how to operate GCP deployments in a highly available and cost-effective manner.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
• Design for high availability, scalability, and maintainability.
• Assess tradeoffs and make sound choices among Google Cloud Platform products..
• Integrate on-premises and cloud resources.
• Identify ways to optimize resources and minimize cost.
• Implement processes that minimize downtime, such as monitoring and alarming, unit and integration testing, production resilience testing, and incident post-mortem analysis.
• Implement policies that minimize security risks, such as auditing, separation of duties and least privilege.
• Implement technologies and processes that assure business continuity in the event of a disaster.
• Completion of prior courses in the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Specialization or equivalent experience
• Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
• Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud
Welcome to Design and Process
Defining the Service
Business-logic Layer Design
Data Layer Design
Design for Resiliency, Scalability, and Disaster Recovery
Design for Security
Capacity Planning and Cost Optimization
Deployment, Monitoring and Alerting, and Incident Response